We Offer Non-Invasive Spinal Decompression in Pueblo, CO
Chiropractic care involves the use of several services working together to foster healing, working with the body's natural capacity to self-heal. For this reason, we're proud to offer spinal decompression in Pueblo CO among several other holistic techniques.
What is Spinal Decompression Therapy?
The type of non-invasive spinal decompression we provide here in Pueblo has been approved by the FDA as an effective alternative to surgical intervention for a variety of spinal conditions. We've used it to help people dealing with issues such as disc herniation, disc bulge, sciatica, whiplash, and spinal stenosis. For the appropriate candidate, spinal decompression may be able to provide faster and longer-lasting relief from your back pain.
Traction can help your spine in a few ways:
- It may relieve pressure on impinged nerves
- It may facilitate a "negative-pressure" type environment and direct healing fluids and intracellular molecules into the injured discs
- It may help realign misaligned spinal joints and maximize spinal position and mobility
More research on exactly how spinal decompression benefits the spine would be beneficial, though some available studies (including one at least randomized controlled trial) does support its use for alleviating pain and providing both temporary and longer-lasting relief.
Of course, we also have plenty of anecdotal evidence among our patients here at our clinic!
What to Expect from Spinal Decompression Therapy with our Pueblo Chiropractor
When you come to the Center for Alternative Medicine, our Pueblo chiropractor may recommend spinal decompression as a beneficial part of your care. At our clinic, we're proud to use the Dynatron DX2® Decompression System. This innovative technology utilizes a computerized system to assist with the spinal decompression and traction in a specific and graded mechanism.
- Using specialized equipment (generally, a traction table, straps, and computer-assisted motorized traction function), our chiropractor sets you up on the table in a comfortable position.
- Your spine will receive a gentle static and/or intermittent traction force (like being gently pulled from both ends).
- The benefits of your spinal decompression session will be enhanced with the addition of chiropractic adjustments, corrective exercises, massage therapy, non-invasive modalities, and other services which can facilitate tissue healing, pain relief, and improved function.
Wondering if You're an Appropriate Candidate for Spinal Decompression?
Contact The Center for Alternative Medicine, PLLC at (719) 544-2009 or check out our patient intake form to streamline your appointment and help us serve you more efficiently. Whether you need spinal decompression or other holistic services to help you heal from your back pain, we'd be honored to help you!